Q52 Week 19: celebrating me.


Yesterday i made Neel take a ride with me up to the empty lot behind Costco because there was some beautiful light there during sundown. He took a minute to consider it, but then, knowing that anything doing with my photography shouldn't be disregarded, said yes, as long as we drove [rather than bike]. 

As we headed up Asbury Avenue, a massive cloud covered the sun. It had been raining all day so the fact that there was any sun was quite impressive, yet somehow I still expressed my annoyance that that stupid cloud was going to ruin MY golden hour. 

We sat in the car for about twenty minutes, waiting for the cloud to pass. And it sorta did - enough to shoot a little bit. Enough for me to set up a shot with my gorgeous babe and to teach Neel how to "put the red dot on her eye."

This, plus some post-processing, is what resulted. An empty lot behind a superstore. More than anything, what photography has taught me is to see everything with new eyes. To find a small rectangle of beauty in even the dirtiest of places. 

I guess this post should have been about being a mother - but I saw a different purpose. I have all the rest of my life to discuss that!

See all other Q52 posts here.


(tripod shot.)


Photo via Rebekka Seale
Idea via Che & Fidel

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo, but even more I love your description for seeing things with new eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a great photo it turned out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning scene!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers